The amazing activity underwater to explore the bottom of the ocean without diving. This is one of the most exciting experience you will have in the ocean.
What is BOB?BOB stands for Breathing Observation Bubble and breathing underwater unit for individual use. This is a tour in which you are going to have your personal submarine (a mini sub or moto submarine), you’ll put your head inside a roomy air bubble which allows you to breath and enjoy the beauty of the natural reefs, plants and marine life at depths up to 24 meters for up to 35 minutes.
How does the BOB work?A unit BOB, is nothing more and nothing less than an auxiliary transportation to dive without the hassle of using a mask or swim effort carrying an air tank. Their procedure is very simple as it consists of a clear acrylic bubble to see, is supplied with air from a scuba tank.
The tour starts with the check-in. You just have to fill a medical form to be evaluated by the diving instructor; then you’ll receive a 10 minutes guide in Spanish and English on how to operate the machine, it’s very simple.
After all of the procedure, you and the team depart on a comfortable catamaran from the dock, arriving at the reef of Chitales between Cancun and Isla Mujeres to initiate the immersion underwater. The divers help you to get into the BOB and enjoy the beautiful marine life, instructors are constantly taking care of you.
- Instructions and guide from staff
- 30 minutes in your BOB personal submarine
- 30 minutes of snorkel
- Water and soda, glasses and ice
- New snorkel tube
- Fresh Fruit
- 8 USD per person for pier tax and park that must be paid at the check-in
- Ground transportation from your hotel lobby
- You don’t need to have swimming skills
- Sunblock and sunscreen must be biodegradable
- All participants will be requested to fill a medical form, similar to adiving one
- It is mandatory to read the tour restrictions, on the terms and conditions below.
Tour departs from Marina Aquatours, located on Boulevard Kukulcán Km 6.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancún.
You may get there by taking a taxi, transfer or bus.
- People with reduced mobility
- Pregnant women
- People with hearing impairments
- People with asthma
- People with epilepsy
To see prices and availability click here