Before travelling, you must have everything ready for your departure, I recommend making a complete list of things to not forget anything. Writing everything down helps you a lot even if you think you have everything in your mind. One funny and really bad thing that happened to me was the day I was already at the airport and realize my bags where in my house. I was so distracted and didn’t remember to put them on the car!
That’s how I learned by time this important list of things you should never forget before travelling:
1. Your luggage
- A few days before traveling you must have ready your luggage without forgetting any detail. For example my most important things in my bag have to be 3 outfits at least, makeup, toothbrush, shampoo, and other stuff.
- Aircraft normally let you bring two bags of 10 pounds each. If you have a long journey of more than 10 hours I recommend you bring as less as possible on hands to travel more comfortably.
- If you want to protect your bags that go under the plane, put a lock on each one in case someone tries to open them. Never forget your key….
2. Enlist your travel documents
Do not forget your travel ticket, passport, ID, medical and travel insurance card (if applicable), money, home address and important phone numbers (in case of lost luggage or emergencies). The best is all locate it in a folder so you have everything in one place.
3. Your Pet
If you know about any safe place as a hotel for dogs, it’s a good place to keep your dog safe and happy for a couple days, but a friend or family will be always better. Instead, if you are one of those who love taking your pet everywhere in the following article I’ll show you some tips for traveling with your pet.
5. Say goodbye to your loved ones
Even if you just leave for a few days it is important to say goodbye before your trip.
6. Transport to the airport
If you are traveling on a domestic flight, you must be two hours before the departure, but an international flights asks you to be 3 hours before to check in. There are several types of transportation to take you to the airport. If you want to take your family to the airport I recommend you to reserve a Van for 6 people, they are cheap if you divide the cost and also you can take all of your bags in the trunk. Don’t forget to remind the driver at what time your flight departs so you get on time at the airport.
Share this for helping other travelers on their way!