Halloween is a famous holiday in the year that turns into a scary night. There are many ways to celebrate this mystic night like a celebration party, wear a scary and unique costume or you can go to a Halloween event were there are some prepared shows and traditions. If you are planning to travel for Halloween and don’t know where to go and do, here are the top 10 Halloween destinations around the world:
1. Ottawa, Canada Ottawa is a spooky destination in October, you won’t be dissapointed with all the festivities and events that are being planned in and around the city. This is ideal for a Halloween of young ones and a place to find incredible costumes. Also, there are many museums in Ottawa that present Halloween events for children and young you can plan to assist.
2. Salem, Massachsetts It is said that no place in the world celebrates Halloween quite like Salem, Massachusetts! If you are looking for the cold weather and the autumn of New England, scary atmosphere, Halloween decorations everywhere and people dressing like ghosts.. Salem has it all in October. The annual themed festival in Salem is amazing to discover the scariest places at night such as the Witch Museum or the Old Harbour!
3. Transylvania, Romania Transylvania is a region of Romania. The birthplace of the legend of Dracula is still celebrating Halloween to this day. You can visit the many spooky tales and the homes of famous people which nowadays remains like museums. But what is interesting about here, is how the entire region transforms into a scenic place this date, with numerous events and celebrations.
4. Cancun, Mexico Mexico festivals in Halloween are full of a wonderful enviroment, traditions and picturesque costumes, food, candles, masks and skeletons. This holiday is called the Day of Dead and it takes two days. There are a lot of festivals that cover almost the entire city. The famous altars are in many parts of the city, from the airport to El Embarcadero and local restaurants.
Restaurants in Cancun prepare special dishes to observe the Day of Dead. Also many dance clubs and bars celebrate costume parties.
Xcaret Park features a special event for Day of Dead, it lasts 2 days from October 31 to November 2. This big celebration allows you to enjoy the traditional gastronomy of the region, typical candies, rituals, workshops, dancing shows, theater, concerts, etc.
5. Los Angeles, California Halloween in Los Angeles is covered with the best candy treats, inspiring costume shops, rockingest parties, spooky decorations in the neighborhoods for trick-or-treating and the coolest festivals and activities for this holiday. LA knows how to have a devil of a good time!
6. Orlando, Florida This Halloween, the beautiful city of turns into a dark side. The streets of Universal Studios in Florida come alive with the horrifying mutants, monsters and maniacs. The 9 haunted houses create the most scare zones with live shows, rides and many attractions.
7. New York City NYC is full of Halloween parties and events. You might be start to think about Halloween costumes! Across all the city, events will open the door to showcase your creativity with costumes for your kids, pets and yourself. Many rowdy parades and nightclubs to educational events will be featured. You’ll be impressed of how the night is transformed.
-Village Halloween Parade marks the 40 th anniversary.
-Webster Hell, along Sixth avenue, transform all the 4 floors of Webster Hall into a spooky den of dancing and fire-wielding performance! The best costume has an award of $5,000… it can be sexy, scare or anything.. up to you!
-In case you are looking for a more fun themed for hildren, head to the Queens County Farm Museum. Kids can wear their costumes, enter to the scary haunted house, the Maize Maze and feed the animals!
-At Tompinks Square Park, locals from the East Village and dog lovers dress up their pups and compete for the many prizes for the best costumes.
8. New Orleans, Louisiana, USA New Orleans features a wild and crazy “Crescent City-Style” Halloween. Kids and adults will enjoy the fun and craziness as well. This night you might turn into a vampire, zoombie, witch, pirate, etc. The most imaginative and outlandish costume the better!
The good thing about New Orleans is that it’s for anyone, from the smallest trick or treaters to the biggest party monsters. Be prepared to meet the most Haunted City in America.
9. Guadalajara, Mexico Halloween in Guadalajara is Day of Dead. To celebrate Day of Dead on Guadalajara is a tradition that brings a lot of activities, art, party and culture to bring tribute to the dead. Catrinas, music, altars and theater is what you will see in almost every corner this important date. The most famous place to visit in Guadalajara this week is Tlaquepaque, it preserves the most Mexican traditions alive, celebrating the Dead Festival with more than 100 artistic and cultural activities from Oct 29 to Nov 2.
10. Key West, Florida Key West has an undeniable “party town” label, but when fantasy combines with terror, the colorful island lives a legendary moment. On Friday October 28 ans Saturday 29, portions of Duval Street and adjoining side streets will be designated as a Fantasy Zone. Many parties, adventures and events will feature on Halloween, such as the fun Peter Pan’s Adventures in Naughty land, a burlesque parody.
So, prepare your most scary or unique costume and get ready for this Halloween 2016!